Queen Red Lime Zinnia
Out of stock
Queen Red Lime is a Zinnia variety that is an annual flowering plant native to Mexico. The queen red lime is grown as bushy annual plants in the shades of orange, red and deep pink. It produces medium-sized full doubled blooms.
Using Zinnia in your bouquets is a unique way to add beauty to any occasion. That is the reason why it is highly suggested by the Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers.
How to Grow Queen Red Lime?
- You can start the seeds indoors in a container/tray for 4 to 6 weeks before the last frost.
- Lower temperatures mean slower germination process, ideally the soil should be kept at 70-75°F for 5 to 7 days
- Transplant the seeds once the danger of last frost has passed.
- Zinnia plants can also be directly seeded when warm weather has come.
- Spacing between plants should be 9 to 12”
- It needs soil rich in organic matter with a pH of 6.3 to 6.8
- Queen Red Lime prefers sunlight.
When to Harvest?
You can harvest the flowers before they completely open. Trim plant from the stem 8” below the flower. Make sure that the stem is stiff and firm. That is when you know it’s ready to be harvested.
. Seeds, Kitchen Botanicals, Queen Red Lime Zinnia.